Authors and Agents in the News
- The Grenada Chocolate Family, a children's coloring storybook, wins Best in the World at the Gourmand World Cookbook Awards.
- Poet, translator, and children's book author Marilyn Nelson's YA novel American Ace selected as a Best Book of the Year by Bank Street College of Education.
- “Workers standing up and saying we resist the Trump agenda."- Saru Jayaraman, author of Forked: A New Standard for American Dining, helps organize Women's Rally on International Women's Day. Footage can be seen here, courtesy of the DC local news.
- Tracey Moore, casting director, celebrity acting coach, and author of the forthcoming guide Moore's Monologues: Audition Advice for Actors from the Inside Woman, hosts new shows on experience of Black actors entitled Inside the Black Box.
- Valerie Graves--nationally recognized creative director of numerous Fortune 500 accounts and author of Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be--and founder of Serendipity Literary Agency Regina Brooks talk new book and becoming a writer on BK Live.
- Mandy Antoniacci, nationally recognized Sports Entrepreneur, Business Analyst and Columnist, makes Sports Tech's list of Who to Follow in 2017.
- Creator of the Nomadness Travel Tribe--an urban, travel, online social community--Evita Robinson joins the Spring 2017 Class of TED Residents.
- Poet, translator, and children's book author Marilyn Nelson wins the 2017 NSK Neustadt Prize for Children's Literature.
- Dr. Yaba Blay, renowned activist, cultural critic, and producer, launches Professional Black Girl, an original video series created to celebrate everyday Black womanhood, and to smash racist and "respectable" expectations of how they should "behave."
- Television and theater producer Randolph Sturrup co-creates new ASPiRE web series, The Graduates NYC, which turns the cameras on the often dramatic lives of six driven graduates from various HBCUs as they find themselves living in New York City.
- MaryAnne Howland co-produces the first International Forum for Fashion for People With Disabilities during LA Fashion week, along with The Bezgraniz Couture Fashion Show, which showcased clothing specifically catered to those with disabilities.
- The Writer magazine features advice from Serendipity founder and Lead Agent Regina Brooks, who shares her insights with other authors o subjects like querying and what works and what doesn't work in both fiction and nonfiction.